Welcome Guest! To enable all features please try to register or login.
Options
View
Go to last post Go to first unread
Snakepit  
#1 Posted : Wednesday, March 26, 2014 9:53:25 AM(UTC)
Snakepit

I created a macro in Excel 2010 to copy the cell value from the prices sheet to another sheet in the same spreadsheet for manipulation purposes as I do not want to do manipulation of data in the prices sheet.
Everytime I run the macro, the pricing update freezes. The spreadsheet just freezes and then it does not get the updated price. It's a simple macro that copy the price from cell H11 every 5 minutes and paste it to another sheet.

It seems that the links from Swordfish to Excel bombs out when a macro runs on the excel sheet. How do we fix it? 
estuary  
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 22, 2014 1:07:16 PM(UTC)
estuary

Was thanked: 19 time(s) in 17 post(s)
Hi Snakepit, Excel does not play very nice with any external applications when it comes to access to its own cells. It come's down to a game of give and take between Excel and any other applications, so it depends on how your macro has been implemented. When you say it freezes, does Swordfish continue functioning and the price update from Swordfish freezes? Are you using our sfExcel component or DDE to get the price update? The quickest way for us to solve your issue would be to submit your Swordfish logs and your query through our support team so they can assist in resolving your issue. You can find our support email on our homepage (www.swordfishonline.co.za).
Snakepit  
#3 Posted : Monday, May 5, 2014 1:07:17 PM(UTC)
Snakepit

I use sfExcel.

"When you say it freezes, does Swordfish continue functioning and the price update from Swordfish freezes?" Yes that is exactly what happens.

I even tried "grabbing cell H11 and running my macro in an alternative sheet using the =H11 statement as not to interfere with the prices sheet.